jueves, 21 de abril de 2022

LAURA JUANES

 

LEVEL: infant education

One of the resources that I use the most in my English lessons are songs. I consider that using songs to teach English to young learners helps the teacher to build a real context where the foreign language is used as a real way of communication.


Songs can provide fun, action and confidence to young learners. They also can improve the young learners memorization and pronunciation skills. The way I usually use to work with them is connect songs to our daily routines:
- Greetings. - Fix the date. - Look at the weather. - Talk about feelings.
Moreover, I used songs to introduce and go through the topic we are working in that moment in the classroom.
I show the songs to the pupils using the padlet I have created to share songs and the other different activities with them. Furthermore, as I have provide the link to the families and children, this allow students re-listen the songs at home and enjoy songs one more time as many times as they want or need.
At the beginning of the activity of singing I introduce the key words they do not know by using flash cards. Then, during the song is very important to use gestures to ensure they can get the meaning.
This activity of singing a song of the topic is usually followed by another activities like worksheets and TPR.

(Click on the photo below)





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

MÍRIAM GARCÍA

  Year: 1º Bachillerato Subject: English Skills: listening, speaking, writing In the last sessions of a unit dealing with the business world...