miércoles, 20 de abril de 2022

YOLANDA MARTÍNEZ

 

Level: primary education

Food is important to everyone, so we’ll introduce language students to some of the common dishes in English-speaking countries so that they will be able to order meals with confidence. Many restaurants have their menus online, so I’ve downloaded one. Using this authentic material, will make it more meaningful for my students.


- For this activity, I’m going to use a menu of a restaurant.



I’m going to give my students a worksheet where they can write down what they order at the restaurant, including a section for price.
I’ll ask students to guess what the meals are, or they can write down what they would order. We’re going to use the menu of an English restaurant. One of the students could pretend to be the waiter or waitress and my students can practice their spoken English by reading their order back to you.
At the end of the task, I’ll encourage my pupils to add up the cost of their courses to calculate their bill and talk about their experience of being in a real restaurant.
- For the second activity, I’m going to use a menu from a primary school.
My students, in mixed-ability cooperative groups, will have to classify food in two groups, healthy and unhealthy food. After that, they’re going to design their healthy plate. For this activity, we could use a catalogue of a supermarket.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

MÍRIAM GARCÍA

  Year: 1º Bachillerato Subject: English Skills: listening, speaking, writing In the last sessions of a unit dealing with the business world...